Settled by sea captains and inhabited by artists, Brewster is a thriving small town with the sophistication of a big city. The community attracts growing families due to a combination of low crime rates, good schools, and plenty of recreational amenities.
- With gas heat common to keep residents warm on chilly winter nights, most single-family homes in the Brewster real estate catalog feature a classic beach house or Cape Cod ranch.
- Cottage, Craftsman, and Farmhouse styles can all be found within the town as well.
- High median incomes and a small population of about 10,000 residents gives Brewster a surprising combination of metropolitan flair and rural coziness.
- Over a fourth of the households include children, making the safe neighborhoods a great place to play.
- Brewster is connected to the rest of the state via Route 6, along with numerous state highways.
- While there is no public transportation within the town itself, the Cape Cod Rail Trail connects it to the rest of the area and bike paths are numerous.
- Both public and private schools are available for elementary and middle school students, including The Laurel School. Older students head to the Cape Cod Lighthouse Charter School in Harwich or Nauset Regional High School in Eastham. Rankings are high for all the area schools serving Brewster's young learners.